четверг, 1 апреля 2010 г.

Aqua, Teal, and Turquoise Home Remodeling Ideas

Aqua, Teal, and Turquoise Home Remodeling Ideas

OK, I admit it, I was raised in an aqua home. Yes, our dining room, our living room and our kitchen were aqua. The draperies (of course in aqua) covered not just the windows but also the walls. The home was comfortable and charming and the glow from the aqua color brings back fond memories even today.


What is great about aqua? It reminds me of the ocean. It is natural, it is joyful. For me I can just envision the dolphins jumping for joy expressly for the delight of this distinctive color blue.


Teal is a distinctive color that can work everywhere from the bathroom to the kitchen to even the garden shed. Beware, however, it is a memorable color, journey with me to see why and decide for yourself if this specialized color, derived the sea is suitable for your home's décor.


Beautiful teal bathroom wall with black and white flooring with wall mural stating
Beautiful teal bathroom wall with black and white flooring with wall mural stating "Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful"

Teal Blue Elevates the Soul


The miracle of a teal blue ocean is something I pray every human has the chance to experience. It cannot be captured in a photo or even in a video, it has to be experienced. A room can be painted in teal to remind you of that out of the body experience but it is only a memory, a fond memory, a memory of the diversity that explodes when the bright blue sky casts its gleam upon the pristine waters of the ocean.


John F. Kennedy perhaps stated it best - we are derived from the sea. In many ways, I feel closer to the sea then even to my own flesh and blood family. Perhaps the sea IS my paternal family? Perhaps the Greek fables of Poseidon were correct in some transcendental way? Or it is more simplistic and JFK is right, we came from the sea?


Source

Home with a Turquoise Teal Front Door
Home with a Turquoise Teal Front Door

Turquoise Teal Shutters
Turquoise Teal Shutters | Source

Teal Shutters
Teal Shutters | Source

And yes, I have several pieces in aqua or turquoise from matting around my $10 oriental paintings to a chest that I paint in vibrant turqoise.


A business associate of my husband's has an aqua car - a Thunderbird convertible! And in my last home I had a bathroom that my neighbor's children called the "funky green" bathroom. That was close to 5 years ago. And now, aqua is back with a passion - and what a delightful passion it is!


Journey with me as we explore various color tones from light aqua to deep turquoise and teal in just about every room in the house - including the most envious of all home offices - an outdoor teal office.


Beautiful Teal Aqua Wood Garage Door


We can readily imagine a front door in teal. We can even readily imagine shutters but who would ever imagine that they would look this great! And the real surprise for me is the garage doors in the deep teal green.


The aqua garage is something if you told me about I would question but look - it works wonderfully well. Of course the detail on the wood molding is the real statement piece but what a fantastic way to call attention to the exquisite wood molding and windows on a garage door.


Teal Turquoise Bathroom Design Idea
Teal Turquoise Bathroom Design Idea | Source

Color in the Bathroom In Any Form - Tile Towels and More!


Tile is a major investment and yet in aqua, the color aqua seems to further reflect the depth and brilliance of the ocean.


I once had a fitness client whose personal goal was to swim in every ocean of the world. I could relate but I will settle for having an aqua bathroom once again. Whether you add color with accents such as a shower curtain or towels or simply in the decorations, the color aqua through deep turquoise is always distinctive and yet always inviting.


Small spaces such as a bathroom as especially conducive to this color palette.


The color aqua also works very well in the kitchen - especially for beach front or water front homes. Add in the classic white and you have a contrast that is sure to please - both males and females. You see, aqua is an unisex color. While pink is often associated with female, aqua is the color of the Caribbean. Combine in crisp white and soft tan and the décor is simply timeless.


Color Tones of the Sea - Teal Aqua and Turquoises Blues and Greens


Teal, aqua, turquoise reminds me of the beautiful color tones of the sea. Any room, any accent looks gorgeous in teal. It could be ultra modern, it could be classic, or it could be a garden structure turned into a gorgeous outdoor office. Enjoy the color teal - use it literally and celebrate the vibrant color of the sea!


Original article and pictures take celebrateusa.hubpages.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий