четверг, 10 марта 2016 г.

Simple & Cozy Basement Tour

Simple & Cozy Basement Tour

We’ve been in this home for almost a year now and in that time I have managed to do almost nothing in our basement. Despite being the place we spend most of our time as a family, the basement has always been at the end of the priority list–behind things like bathroom makeovers, shiplap, excessive coffee drinking, etc. But the time has come. Yep, I have finally spruced this area up, we got a new super cozy chair, and it’s starting to feel complete. I’m so excited to share it with you fabulous people today. Welcome to our basement!


Cozy and Farmhouse Style Basement Tour

Cozy Basement

Cozy Basement Tour Vintage Decor

Cozy Basement Tour Vintage Decor Crib Frame

I tried to stay simple while decorating this space, keeping it mostly soft and cozy for our little chickadees. But of course I had to sneak in a few vintage goodies, I can’t help myself. I found these old crib frames at a junk sale recently for $10 bucks each. I secured them to the wall and I am loving the pop of blue, which is rare for me. And that vintage milk strainer there is simply hung from the ceiling, although I’m dreaming of turning it into an actual light fixture pronto.


Old porcelain Tub for blankets Basement Decor

And how perfect is this old porcelain tub for blankets and pillows?! Simple things like this make my vintage-loving heart very happy.


Cozy Basement Tour Vintage Style Decor

Using my purdy Magnolia Home crate for remote controls and other very important basement things.


Cozy Basement Tour Indoor Playhouse

If you didn’t catch the post about our DIY indoor playhouse you must check that out. This started as an empty alcove and now this little clubhouse is one of our favorite things ever. The kid looooooove it. I’ll be sharing more about this play area in an upcoming post!


Cozy Basement Tour Indoor Playhouse

Old Vintage Block in Glass Jar

My kiddos love playing with these vintage blocks.


Cozy Basement Tour Vintage Style

Cozy Basement Tour

Cozy Basement Tour Farmhouse Style

Cozy Basement Tour Farmhouse Style Drop Cloth Curtains

Ok, let me rave about our new giant chair for a hot minute. We recently got this from American Furniture Warehouse and I’m pretty much obsessed with it. It fits perfectly in this space and it’s absolutely gorgeous. Previously in this spot we had a really old, and rather ugly brown couch. So this new chair brightens up this area so well. I love, love, love it. I could curl up here with a good book and stay all day long. This is AFW’s Milan Beige Chair, you can it here.


Industrial Pipe Curtain Rod and Drop Cloth Curtains

If you’re curious about the curtains they are just easy peasy drop cloth style curtains. I found my drop cloths at Home Depot for $11 each. And the curtain rod is from Target (you can find it here). I thought an industrial pipe curtain rod would be perfect for the basement, right? And I made that HOME sign a while back. You can find the tutorial here.


Farmhouse Style Basement Decor

Cozy and Simple Basement Tour Farmhouse Style

So there’s our cozy basement. I love all of the windows and sunshine down here, it really doesn’t feel like a basement at all. It’s actually one of the brightest spots in our entire home. And the new chair from American Furniture Warehouse really makes this space feel complete. I’ll be sharing more photos of the bar area soon, as well as the kids’ play area. I actually have a really fun project in the works for that space, so stay tuned! Thanks for stopping by friends. I’d love to hear what you think of our little basement. And don’t be a stranger, let’s be friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!


Shop the Post


Simple and Cozy Basement Tour 1

Big thanks to my wonderful friends at American Furniture Warehouse for sponsoring today’s post!


Original article and pictures take littlevintagenest.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий